Plan Your Day – Be Productive – Get Out of the Overwhelm
Here’s a great tool that I use…
Asana helps you tackle your work day and make it productive. Here are our tips to plan your day so you can start strong and finish your day ready for what’s next.
Follow along with the steps outlined in the video:
1. Visualize your day’s work in My Tasks Create new tasks for any other work that you need to get done. Use Today, Upcoming, and Later to prioritize.
2. Forward emails to Asana to start actioning them Send emails to [email protected] and they’ll be sent to your My Tasks list. CC any teammates you want as followers on the task. Change the email subject line to whatever you want the task to be named in Asana.
3. Focus on Today’s tasks by using full screen mode Add comments, attach files, or update the custom fields as needed. And when you’re done, complete the task!
4. Use Inbox to get caught up on the work you’re following Without leaving Inbox, you can respond to comments and status updates so everyone can keep work moving forward.
5. If you have meetings, create an agenda project for each one You can create your own or use a template. That way, you can have a clear agenda, link to relevant work, take notes, and quickly create tasks to capture action items. If it’s a recurring meeting, use the same project and update it.
6. Star projects you use often If you have projects you own or work in a lot, click the star next to the project name to favorite it. Favorites are quickly accessible in your sidebar and on your mobile device.
7. Use our mobile app If your commute home or to the office permits…you can use our mobile apps to stay up to date on any notifications so you don’t miss anything.